No one wants to live in an ice box, and in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area, winters can get chilly! Your furnace is your first line of defense in keeping out the chill of the winter months, and taking advantage of the milder months in the fall is highly recommended to make sure you’re set for a warm, cozy home all winter long.
A heating system seasonal maintenance appointment will include a full inspection of your gas furnace, heat pump system or oil furnace. No matter what service is needed, we’ll complete a comprehensive evaluation and provide our expert recommendation.
Gas Furnace Maintenance includes, but is not limited to:
- Inspect burners
- Inspect all wiring and all electrical components – clean and tight.
- Test fan motor amperage.
- Check igniter/thermocouple.
- Check pilot assembly and gas valve.
- Clean and flush drain
- Lubricate any moving parts and bearings that have access ports.
- Measure refrigerant levels (heat pump systems).
- Inspect gas line
- Check flue pipe for possible leaks.
- Check thermostat
- Check air filter for proper size and cleanliness.
- Check blower motor and capacitor.
- Safety check heat exchanger (for possible Carbon Monoxide leak)
Oil Furnace Maintenance includes, but is not limited to:
- Visual inspection of unit
- Clean and vacuum dust and debris
- Check air filter
- Clean and adjust electrodes
- Check ignition transformer
- Check fan belt for cracks and to make sure it is tight and secure
- Inspect burner assembly
- Replace inline oil filter and oil nozzle
- Check flue for leaks
We also install oil tank whistle-stops. Many oil delivery companies are requiring this now. Call for more information or to schedule installation.
When should I call Guthier Heating & Cooling?
In addition to routine maintenance, your furnace may require additional service. If you notice any unusual sounds like an excessively loud system operation, signs like unexpectedly high energy bills, or any of the following, contact Guthier Heating & Cooling.
- Inadequate heating
- Alerts from your carbon monoxide detector
- Poor indoor airflow and/or air quality
- Electrical and mechanical component issues
7923 Alexandria Pike Alexandria,
KY 41001 United States
Leave A Message
7923 Alexandria Pike Alexandria, KY 41001